Hospitality Assistant (Unpaid Internship)
Dublin City Centre
Purpose of Job
The responsibility of the Hospitality Assistant is to support the Groups and Hospitality Executive in planning and organising all hospitality elements of the festival.
Duties and Responsibilities
Providing support to the Groups and Hospitality Executive with the following:
• Assisting with the booking of venues and organising a range of hospitality events (including but not limited to: Festival launch, welcome & awards reception, Festival VIP breakfast & lunch etc)
• Liaising with suppliers such as catering, sound, lighting, tech companies & entertainers
• Liaising with event sponsors & the festival sponsorship team
• Maintaining and updating festival databases, lists & issuing invitations
• Assisting with the issuing of hospitality packs to VIPs, sponsors and guests
• Assisting with the co-ordination of all festival grandstand sales including ticketing, tracking, seat planning, logistics and implementation
• Assisting with ticket sales, web shop, corporate sales, groups sales and box office support as required.
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organisational and administrative skills, along with a keen attention to detail;
• Calm, effective decision making skills;
• Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a high pressured environment.
• Confident, friendly and professional with a willingness to work diligently as part of a dedicated team.
• Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office.
• Fluent English.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10th November 2017.
All CVs to be sent with cover letter detailing your suitability for the role firstname.lastname@example.org
Download job spec here
St. Patrick’s Festival is an Equal Opportunities Employer.