PR Assistant (Unpaid Internship)
Period of internship: Commencing Monday 8th January 2018 (for 11 weeks) Location: St. Patrick's Festival Offices, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
The responsibility of the PR Assistant is to support the Marketing & Communications Director in planning and organising all publicity and media related elements of the festival.
This is a great opportunity to work with a festival team in an exciting, fast paced environment.
Below are the functions the successful candidate will be required to fulfil within the remit of the PR Assistant role:
Assisting the Marketing & Communications Director in:
- Supporting the St. Patrick’s Festival PR strategy and executing all elements.
- Logging all media requests.
- Compiling all media clippings.
- Creating engaging content.
- Managing media accreditation process.
- Assembling and distributing media packs.
- Creating and distributing press releases.
- Assisting in administrative duties.
- Building and updating media lists and databases.
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending various events and photo-calls.
- Compiling reports at the end of the Festival.
Skills and qualifications
Successful candidates will need to have:
- A recognised PR qualification;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Passion for the PR industry and its practices;
- Strong social media and digital skills;
- Some previous PR related experience is desirable;
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills, along with a keen attention to detail;
- Calm, effective decision making skills;
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a high pressured environment.
- Confident, friendly and professional with a willingness to work diligently as part of a dedicated team;
- Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office.
- Fluent English.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by no later than Fri 10th November 2017
Download details here.