Volunteer Co-Ordinator Trainee
Contract Length: January 2020 – March 2020 inclusive (3 months)
Role Title: Volunteer Co-Ordinator Trainee
Reporting to: Volunteer Co-Ordinator
- Volunteer Co-Ordinator
- Production Team
- Programme Team
- Hospitality Team
Contract: 21 days between January 13 – March 20, 2020
Salary: €1,470 (€70 per day, 7 hours per day)
- Generally 9.30am to 5.30pm, for 21 days from January 13 – March 20, 2020 (exact dates to be agreed with Line Manager) excluding bank holidays, Christmas etc.
- Includes working through St. Patrick’s Festival Weekend, March 13 – 17 inclusive
- Based in St. Patrick’s Festival office in Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- Some evening and weekend work will be required due to the nature of the role
St. Patrick’s Festival, Dublin is Ireland’s biggest annual national festival event, a significant international gathering that is centered around Ireland’s national holiday on March 17th. St. Patrick’s Festival aims to positively reflect our cultural and artistic heritage, to celebrate the authentic values of Ireland and the Irish, at home and abroad, and to showcase a vibrant, diverse and inclusive contemporary Ireland.
St. Patrick’s Festival 2020 takes place over 5 days in Dublin, from March 13th to 17th and features a wealth of events, from the world-renowned, world-televised St. Patrick’s Festival Parade to the fun packed Festival Village in Merrion Square. The five-day programme includes specially commissioned events in music, dance, theatre, performance, film, visual arts and exhibitions, plus food markets, funfairs, poetry and ballad trails, city walking tours, partner activations, community projects and much more.
St. Patrick’s Festival is now recruiting for a Volunteer Co-Ordinator Trainee to assist with the delivery of a world class volunteering journey for SPF 2020. This is a trainee role, working closely under the guidance and advice of the Volunteer Co-Ordinator with a view to developing and expanding the role in subsequent Festivals. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in sourcing and recruitment of volunteers
- Consult with Festival departments to define needs and descriptions for volunteer positions
- Oversee advertising for volunteer positions
- Collect information on volunteer availability, skills and preferences
- Assist in producing of schedules for volunteers
- Arrange briefings for volunteers
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere among volunteers
- Monitor volunteers’ performance
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are well-placed
- Coordinate volunteers at the event location
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 4th December. Interviews will be held on Friday 6th December and Monday 9th December.
St. Patrick’s Festival is a fast paced, exciting, busy office. Volunteer Co-Ordinator Trainee role is a unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience at Ireland’s biggest national festival event in an area of significant growth and opportunity. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the volunteering journey and will relish working with people from across Ireland and the world. Your skills and experience should look something like this…
- You are an ambitious, hard-working, organized person looking to gain experience in festival and event management
- You have fantastic attention to detail
- You are interested in culture, heritage, arts, music, entertainment etc.
- You are willing to learn and grow, take direction and remain calm under pressure
- You have excellent English language, both written and spoken
- You are a team player, with a can-do attitude
- You have great IT skills in Microsoft and G-Suite (Outlook, Google Docs, PowerPoint etc.)
If you believe this is the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, then please apply with a CV and 1-page cover letter explaining why this position is for you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you title the email ‘Volunteer Co-Ordinator Trainee – SPF2020′
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend for interview in Dublin.
St. Patrick’s Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.