Box Office Manager
Contract Role: January 2020 – March 2020 inclusive (3 months)
Role Title: Box Office Manager (Contract)
Reporting to: General Manager
- Hospitality Manager
- Programming Team
- Development Team
- Wider Festival Team
Contract: Full-time; January 6, 2020 – March 20, 2020
Salary: €6,600 (entire contract)
St. Patrick’s Festival is now recruiting for an experienced Box Office Manager to work with the General Manager and the wider Festival team, to help deliver an excellent customer experience for SPF 2020. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as primary point for all box office enquiries and bookings, in conjunction with Box Office Assistant.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the show schedule, production details, ticketing prices and deals; communicating this information accurately and consistently.
- Assisting with set-up of temporary box office.
- Setting up events on Ticketsolve, managing allocations and monitoring sales on the platform.
- Answering queries from the general public and following up in a timely manner. Representing St. Patrick’s Festival with diplomacy, discretion and courtesy at all times.
- Extracting and analysing weekly/daily reports for Administration and Programme departments and other stakeholders.
- Identifying, communicating and resolving any ticketing issues proactively and calmly.
- Taking responsibility for a cash float, ensuring all cash sales taken at box office are accurate
- Coordinating of any day sales/returns queues.
- Communicating with the Front of House and Festival team regarding any time critical issues, ticketing problems or relevant information in a calm, polite and collaborative manner.
- Helping to maximise ticket and ancillary sales on an ongoing basis.
- Working closely with the Hospitality Manager with regard to complementary tickets, hospitality requests and other areas of overlap.
- Liaising with the Administration, Front of House & Visitor Experience Coordinator to coordinate bookings for Priority Viewing areas, Increased Accessibility and Vetted Viewing areas.
- Undertaking general administration duties to support Festival staff as required – photocopying, binding, electronic filing, ordering couriers, taxis etc.
- Keeping front of house, common areas and storages areas tidy and safe at all times.
- Taking delivery of courier packages and other deliveries to the Festival Box Office.
St. Patrick’s Festival is a fast paced, exciting, busy office. The Box Office Manager is a key role and is a unique opportunity to develop your skills at Ireland’s biggest national festival event. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of box office management in a festival context, with a real passion for arts and culture and a can-do attitude. Your skills and experience should look something like this…
- You have excellent levels of customer service and people management
- You have previous experience of Ticketsolve backend
- You have fantastic attention to detail
- You have a genuine passion for culture, heritage, arts, music, entertainment etc.
- You have at least three years’ experience in a similar role
- You are a professional with a willingness to learn and grow, and the ability to remain calm
- You can comfortably multitask across different projects
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You have excellent English language, both written and spoken
- You are a team player, with a can-do attitude
- You have great IT skills in Microsoft and G-Suite (Outlook, Google Docs, PowerPoint etc.)
Applications are open now and will close on Friday December 6th at 5.00pm.
If you believe this is the role that you’ve been waiting for, then please apply with a CV and 1-page cover letter explaining why this position is for you to email@example.com
Please ensure that you title the email ‘Box Office Manager – SPF2020′
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend for interview in Dublin.
Two references will be required from shortlisted candidates after the interview process.
St. Patrick’s Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.