St. Patrick’s Festival - General Manager
St Patrick’s Festival is seeking an energetic professional manager for the post of General Manager. The post holder, reporting to the Chief Executive, will play a major role in the continued and ongoing development of the St Patrick’s Festival team as they develop and deliver Ireland’s foremost national festival.St Patrick’s Festival is seeking an energetic professional manager for the post of General Manager. The post holder, reporting to the Chief Executive, will play a major role in the continued and ongoing development of the St Patrick’s Festival team as they develop and deliver Ireland’s foremost national festival. The successful candidate will possess good project management and commercial skills (including procurement awareness), good people management experience, experience of working with diverse stakeholders and a genuine interest in the arts would be an advantage. A proven track record in a similar post would be a requirement for the post.
The key elements of the role purpose include:
- As General Manager provide support to the Chief Executive and the other members of the St Patricks Festival team on all aspects of recruitment and staff on boarding, budgeting, procurement and key contracts, IT support and office management, accommodation and where appropriate invoicing and grant processing.
- Provide administrative leadership for staff based in the office on projects and programme updates.
- Act as a key support for the Chief Executive, Chairman and Board.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Three years relevant work experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of project delivery
- Proven track record of supporting a high performing team
- A good understanding of contract management, procurement, project delivery and commercial negotiations
- A strong work ethic; a good knowledge of people management practice; and some experience in the area of IT.
- An interest in and experience of the arts sector.
Applications including a cover letter and a CV in one document can be emailed to: email@example.com clearly marked GM Recruitment. A copy of the role specification is available on the St Patrick’s Festival website: download here.
St. Patrick’s Festival is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Any specific queries relating to the post can be raised with: Ali Morris, Administrator, St. Patrick's Festival | Féile Pádraig; Tel: + 353 1 604 0090
The position will attract a competitive salary package for the appointed candidate which will reflect their background and experience.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Monday 13th May 2019